These are simply the best! They started as a way to use up the extra garden abidance of zucchini this season, but now they have turned into a regular favourite! Essentially they are like a healthy and homemade granola bar (which means you can have it any time of day!)
yield: 2 1/2 DOZEN COOKIES
cook time: 10-12 MINUTES
- 1 cup organic light spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup organic virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup organic raw cane sugar
- 1 flax egg ( 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 2 tbsp water, mix and let sit for 5 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (and drained)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, prepare flax egg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut oil and sugars, mix until smooth. Add flax egg and vanilla extract. Next, add the shredded zucchini. Be sure to squeeze out any extra liquid with your hands. Mix until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture until just combined. Stir in oats, coconut, and chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden around the edges and set. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.