Ever wonder what to do with an overload of ripe bananas, and looking to expand your recipe repertoire beyond banana bread? This recipe is one of the most easy and quick desserts I make, and at no sacrifice to the taste. When they first come out of the oven, they are absolutely perfect. So warm and chewy and the chocolate chips literally melt in your mouth. I really love the size of this delicious treat, it is just enough…. and they somehow remind me of 2 bite brownies in a way.. ha! The best thing about this recipe, is that everyone always loves them!
4 ripe bananas, mashed
3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
½ cup raw cacao powder
½ cup dark chocolate, chopped or dairy free chocolate chips
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp maca, optional ** Traditionally, maca has always been used cooked – which enhances the health benefits and makes it easier on the body to digest. Read more about raw or roasted maca…
1) In a large bowl, mash bananas by hand with a fork, or use a food processor or blender to speed up the process.
2) Add in all remaining ingredients and stir until just combined.
3) Scoop mixture into balls and place on baking sheet approx 1 inch apart. I like to use a medium size trigger ice cream scoop to get the perfect shape every time.
4) Bake at 350ºF for 10 – 15 minutes.
5) Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack. Enjoy!